5 Gift Ideas for Doctors This Holiday Season
Whether you have loved ones who are doctors or you like to show your own physicians appreciation during the holiday season, you probably know how hard they can be to shop for. While they may seem to have it all, with a little creativity -- you can find the perfect holiday gift for the physician in your life.
To help, Doximity, the largest professional medical network for doctors in the U.S., asked its members to share what they would like most this holiday season. Here are the top five gift ideas:
1. Donation in their name. For the physician who already has everything they could ever need or want, consider making a donation in their name to a charity they love or to a reputable health-related non-profit, such as CURE Childhood Cancer. They will be touched by the thought and honored to be a part of a good cause.
Price Range $25-$100
2. Theater or dinner vouchers for two. Gadgets and technology are appreciated, but nothing lasts longer than cherished memories. Review what future performances are coming to town or make a reservation at that new trendy restaurant along with a gift card. Give your recipient an opportunity to experience something fun and thrilling with a friend or loved one.
Price Range $150-$400
3. The most comfortable shoes. Ever. Physicians are on their feet for long hours every day. Give the gift of comfort with dress shoes or running shoes that will not only upgrade their wardrobe but keep their feet happy.
For men, try shoes from Wolf & Shepard. Customer reviews tout, “It’s like walking on clouds.” For women, dressy flats and casual sneakers from Rothy’s are not only stylish and comfortable, they’re sustainable too. Every pair is made of recycled plastic water bottles, so far saving over 30 million bottles from polluting the ocean or from ending up in landfills.
Price Range $125- $350
4. Apple Watch Series 5. Physicians are always on the go with little time to spare. The Apple Watch Series 5 is the ultimate time-saving tool, helping physicians accomplish daily tasks with more efficiency. Without havin
g to touch the watch, physicians can now receive important notifications, set reminders to call patients, send and receive messages, track their physical activity and more -- all hands-free, meaning fewer interruptions and more time with patients!
Price Range: $399-$499
5. Smart Coffee Mug. For the early riser working a graveyard shift, coffee related gifts are much appreciated. Consider saving your recipient more time with a technology-forward coffee mug to-go, such as those from Ember. This mug allows to set an exact drinking temperature and keeps it there for up to three hours, so coffee is never too hot, or too cold. You’ll save them time and dishes!
Price range: $179.95
This holiday season, don’t fret about what to give the doctor in your life. Taking a cue from the collective suggestions of physicians nationwide will help ensure your thoughtful gift puts a smile on their face.